This Workshop will be held within the framework of ITTO project PD 359/05 Rev.1 (F) “Building Capacity to Develop and Implement Afforestation and Reforestation Projects under the Clean Development Mechanism (AR-CDM) of the Kyoto Protocol”. The objective of the Workshop is to promote the understanding of the rules and procedures of AR-CDM and encourage country level initiatives in promoting AR-CDM project activities in line with the ITTO Guidelines for the Restoration, Management and Rehabilitation of Degraded and Secondary Tropical Forests. Specifically, the Workshop in Seoul intends to:
- enhance participants’ knowledge of AR-CDM projects, including introduction to baseline and monitoring methodologies;
- familiarize participants with the financial and investment issues relating to AR-CDM projects;
- promote the exchange of experiences in the development of AR-CDM projects through case studies;
- enhance the capacity of project proponents in preparing the AR-CDM Project Design Document; and
- facilitate the exchange of views on reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD).
The Workshop will be conducted in English and the target groups are invited participants from ITTO member countries in the Asia-Pacific region. It will be organized with the support of the Government of the Republic of Korea through the Seoul National University.