ITTO will organize three regional workshops in each ITTO tropical timber producing region to exchange experiences on the implementation of sustainable forest management (SFM) through ITTO supported projects, and activities such as the application of criteria and indicators (C&I) at the national and forest management unit (FMU) levels.
Up to 50 individuals will participate in each workshop, including ITTO focal points and executing agencies implementing ITTO projects focusing on SFM. Such projects will be selected taking into account the following priority areas:
- Policy development
- Reduced impact logging
- Forest Management/inventory
- Community participation in forest management
- Demonstration areas
- Forest Rehabilitation
- Plantation establishment
- Silviculture of natural forests
The workshop dates are as follows:
- Africa (Lomé, Togo): 29-31 May 2007
- Asia (Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia): 4-7 June 2007
- Latin America (Medellin, Colombia): 10-13 July 2007
Up to ten individuals from civil society, NGOs, forestry associations, etc are welcome to participate at their own cost as observers by registering with the respective contact person.