This workshop is based on an ongoing activity of the International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO) funded project "Capacity building for the development of a sustainable rattan sector in China based on plantation sources (ITTO PD 100/01 Rev. 3 (I))" being implemented by the International Centre for Bamboo and Rattan (ICBR) of China with technical supports from the International Network for Bamboo and Rattan (INBAR) and the Chinese Academy of Forestry (CAF).
- To discuss issues in R&D of rattan sector as well as direction and strategies;
- To discover business and investment opportunities in the global rattan sector;
- To explore, exchange and update scientific and technological findings and information;
- To provide a forum for researchers to present their projects and methodologies, state-of-the-art technologies, products and services;
- To provide a platform for key players/stakeholders in the global rattan sector to interact, network and build strategic partnerships.
For more information, please download the workshop announcement.